Sunday 11 September 2016

A quick bolognese sauce



I guess like a lot of people - I have a LOT of tomatoes ripening. I couldn't bare not to use them, so whipped up a quick sauce, here's the recipe - it's absolutely gorgeous 👍

Ingredients
Butter
1 large chopped onion
1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
All your spare lovely allotment tomatoes
2 cloves garlic
Dash of balsamic vinegar 
Large bunch chopped basil

Method
Soften onions in butter without browning. Add dried herbs and warm through for a minute.
Tomatoes - I blitz mine up before adding but you could chop, skins optional. 
Add crushed garlic, stir through
Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10mins. 
Add balsamic vinegar and basil, stir through and simmer for another 5 mins. 
Let cool for 10 minutes and pour in to sterilised jars, pop the lids on tight, leave to cool and label. 
I've made these before and they've kept well for up to 4 months. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment